Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Carrots..."

If you ever read/watched Anne of Green Gables, you might get the reference in my title of this post. I am a big book nerd. I'm not one of those people who are constantly reading though. I sometimes go months without reading and than I start 3-4 books all at the same time. I am reading "The Color Purple", "Titus Andronicus" and "The House of Leaves" right now. I switch books depending on my mood.



You know what else I like to switch? My hair! I've been different shades of brown for over a year now and I figured it was about time to do something a little more interesting. I work in an office (boring) and cannot dye my hair any super cool colours (lame), so I try to dye it crazy enough that I love it but not so crazy that I get fired.

This is the hair colour I started with. Check out the sweet "geek wall" behind me.


I love red hair. I date a red head. I want red headed kids. I can single out a red head in a crowd and whether they are hot or not. So, it's only natural that all this red hair envy manifests itself in me routinely dying my hair red.


It burns us!

I've been bleaching and dying my hair at home since I was in grade 5. First colour I went was electric blue and from than on, I was hooked.

I try not to bleach it too often as I don't want to fry it. I wonder, each time I do it, "is this the time my hair finally just falls out". So far, no.

My hair only ever goes yellow. I'd have to get it professionally done with lots of toner and even than, it'd be an ash dirty blonde. It must be the native in me. Dark eyes and dark hair. Are you ready for the finale?


I love a good change, even if it's a superficial one. This picture doesn't do it justice though. In the light...my hair is orange. Just like carrots :P



No comments: